2017 Annual Conference
September 21 to 24, 2017
Kalahari Resorts and Conventions
Share Your Expertise! PPA is looking for qualified, dynamic presenters to develop and present continuing pharmacy education programs at our next conference. If you would like to submit a program proposal for consideration, please read and follow the instructions below.
Only proposals from current PPA members will be accepted. Click here to join PPA.
Based on recommendations and surveys from members and input from PPA's Education Committee, as well as needs assessments, gap analyses, current trends and issues, we are specifically looking for programs on the following topics:
Patient Care Programs in Community Pharmacies
- Implementing patient care services in a community pharmacy
- Patient engagement strategies for clinical services
- Involving your entire staff in clinical/enhanced services
- Implementing a medication synchronization program
- How to become a smoking cessation provider under Medicaid
- Steps to becoming an ADA or AADE accredited diabetes educations site
- How to approach/disperse information to patients regarding Naloxone
Improving the Community Pharmacy's Bottom Line
- Pharmacy business aspects
- Incorporating specialty pharmacy into your pharmacy
- 340B opportunities
- Administering long acting injectables in your pharmacy
- Strategies to make delivery of MTM/clinical services efficient
- Travel immunizations
Clinical and Other Important Topics
- Quality Measure Primer - overview of STARs and HEDIS measures
- Chronic Care Management (CCM) codes
- Hospital initiatives regarding Naloxone
- Dual Anti Platelet Therapy (DAPT)
- Proton-pump inhibitor (PPI) use - risks & benefits
- Acute care standards
- Communication - having difficult conversations (e.g. addiction) with patients and/or prescribers
- Updates to STAR metrics for medication therapy management
- Updates to diabetes guidelines
- Patient safety*
Other programs/topics may be proposed - however, the topics identified above have been selected based on clear and defined needs for programming, and preference will be given to the above topics. PPA recognizes that this list is not comprehensive, and will consider proposals on other topics if there is a clear and defined need.
*Programs providing Patient Safety (05) CE credit must meet the following definition: The prevention of healthcare errors, and the elimination or mitigation of patient injury caused by healthcare errors. Healthcare errors may be errors of commission, omission, or execution. Errors may be made by any member of the healthcare team in any healthcare setting.
All CPE programs must comply with PPA and ACPE standards. Guidance on program development can be found here, and details on ACPE requirements and what is expected of presenters can be found on the Speaker FAQ Sheet. Interested presenters are strongly encouraged to review the FAQs prior to submitting a proposal.
Potential speakers should also be familiar with PPA's Commercial Support and Conflict of Interest Policy, PPA's guidelines for student involvement, and understand PPA's expense/reimbursement limitations.
Speakers selected to present CPE programs at PPA Conferences may be selected to present their program again after the conference as an encore webinar. Presenters will work with the CPE Administrator to schedule and prepare for this. Webinars will be recorded and provided as on-demand home study CEs.
Questions can be directed to PPA's CPE Administrator and Program Manager, Sara Powers, at email@example.com or (717) 234-6151 ext 2.
Program proposals must be submitted no later than April 21, 2017.
Programs will be selected based on merit and PPA's desire for programming in the selected topic. Presenters will be notified no later than June 15, 2017 as to whether their proposal has been selected. Please be aware that even fantastic program proposals may not be selected for the conference due to scheduling restrictions and similar proposals.
If selected, PPA's CPE Administrator will work with you to determine the final details of the program such as title, objectives, target audience, activity type, and assessment tools based on the details provided in your application. Refusal to make requested changes may result in the cancellation of a program.
Comments, questions, and concerns should be directed to Sara Powers, Program Manager and CPE Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 234-6151 x2.