Join the Delaware County Pharmacists Association as they bid farewell to Chairwoman Rosemarie Halt!
Daniel A. Hussar, PhD, Remington Professor of Pharmacy at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy will also be in attendance to present his popular New Drug Update program!
6:30 to 7 PM - Registration
7 to 8 PM - Dinner
8 to 9 PM - CE Program
Contact Maureen Scheuerman at email@example.com or (215) 285-8315 to register.
Cost: $40 for DCPA members and $60 for non-DCPA members.
Advance payment should be mailed to:
PO Box 1409
Media, PA 19063
Advance payment is preferred, but will be accepted on-site.
Continuing Education Program Details
Title: New Drug Update 2015
This presentation considers the properties and uses of selected new therapeutic agents. The indications and routes of administration for these new drugs are reviewed, as are the most important precautions and practical considerations regarding their use. Where possible, the properties of the new drugs are compared with those of older drugs marketed for the same indications. A New Drug Comparison Rating (NDCR) is provided for each of the new drugs considered.
Speaker: Daniel A. Hussar, PhD, Remington Professor of Pharmacy, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
Target Audience: All pharmacists
CE Credit: 1.0 Contact Hour (0.10 CEUs)
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify the indications and routes of administration of the new therapeutic agents.
2. Identify the important pharmacokinetic properties and the unique characteristics of the new drugs.
3. Identify the most important adverse events and precautions of the new drugs.
4. Compare the new drugs to the older therapeutic agents to which they are most similar in activity.
5. Identify information regarding the new drugs that should be communicated to patients.
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Requirements to receive credit: Participants must attend the entire program and complete an online evaluation survey within one week. PPA must have your CPE Monitor ID and birthday on file to issue credit.
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.