Join us for this convenient online CE webinar!
Thursday, May 14, 2015
6 to 7 PM
Access instructions provided upon registration
Kimberly Carter, PharmD, BCACP
(717) 234-6151 x. 4
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Title: Complex Insulin Management in Patients with Diabetes
This program will review current treatment guidelines for type 1 and type 2 diabetes with a focus on the role of insulin therapies. The audience will learn how to initiate, adjust, and appropriately manage patients using complex insulin regimens. We will also discuss how to appropriately mitigate stigma pertaining to insulin therapy and how to ensure patient success.
Speaker: Kimberly Carter, PharmD, BCACP, Assistant Professor, Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson School of Pharmacy
Target Audience: Pharmacists, especially those in ambulatory care and clinical pharmacy
CE Credit: 1.0 Contact Hour (0.10 CEUs)
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
1. Review current treatment guideline recommendations for type 1 and type 2 diabetes with a focus on the individualized patient-centered approach.
2. Differentiate between the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics properties of commercially available insulins.
3. Discuss important clinical pearls pertaining to insulin management: how to initiate and adjust insulin, convert from one insulin product to another, promote patient success, alleviate patient fears and disbeliefs, manage adverse effects, and prevent long-term complications.
4. Calculate specific insulin requirements using the “rule of 1500/1800” and “the rule of 500”.
5. Explain the role of non-insulin therapies in improving insulin resistance.
6. Apply concepts learned to patient cases.
Schedule: 5:55 to 6:00 PM - Attendees log in
6:00 to 7:00 PM - CE Program
Activity Type: Application-based
Cost: PPA Members - Free
Non-Members - $20
Requirements to receive credit:
Participants must attend the entire program and complete an online
evaluation survey within one week. PPA must have your CPE Monitor ID
and birthday on file to issue credit. Attendees who received CE credit for this program at the PPA 2015 Mid-Year Conference may not receive credit a second time.
Use the link above to register for this program.
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer
Required: iPhone®*, iPad®*, Android™ phone or Android tablet
*iPad® and iPhone® users may not have access to all interactive capabilities but may still attend the webinar.
Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation
Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy