CE: Pennsylvania Pharmacists Care Network Patient Care Training
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Care Network (PPCN) has been developed to serve as the structure for pharmacists in Pennsylvania to work together to care for individual medication-related needs in local communities. The focus of the PPCN will be to connect pharmacists, payers and health care practitioners in order to deliver medication management services to patients in the Commonwealth. The goal of the PPCN is to improve patient outcomes, enhance quality, and reduce overall healthcare costs. This live training session is designed to reinforce the concepts covered in the online training modules in an active learning environment through a patient case, documenting and billing encounters, and implementing patient care services in your practice setting.
Karleen Melody, PharmD, BCACP
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
Elizabeth Harris, PharmD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
Dr. Harris is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy at the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy where she teaches courses on medication therapy management (MTM), nonprescription therapeutics, and clinical assessment skills. She currently provides medication management services to patients of an independent pharmacy chain across the northeast Philadelphia region and patients of a federally qualified health center. Her areas of interest include the use of processes and procedures to provide efficient and effective patient care services within pharmacy workflow and the use of pharmacy technicians and students to support the provision of patient care services.
Target Audience: Pharmacists who have previously completed the online training program provided through the Comprehensive Medication Management Collaborative (CMMC)
CE Credit: 3 Contact Hour (0.3 CEUs)
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
1. Identify drug related problems associated with Medication Therapy Management Case
2. Provide clinical rationale for each drug related problem
3. Create a detailed plan to address each drug related problem
4. Discuss required components of documenting a MTM encounter
5. Describe strategies for reimbursement of MTM services
6. Identify methods showcased in “successful stories” video snippets
7. Share common questions/concerns you have about getting started
8. Identify implementation strategies for specific key stakeholders in your local community
9. Describe PPCN’s role in connecting your practice with payers and additional resources (i.e. Providing ongoing training & mentorship, etc.)
10. Create your own implementation plan
8:30 AM to 9:00 AM - Registration
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM - CE Program
Activity Type: Application-based
Cost: Included in CMMC Sign-up Fee
Requirements to receive credit: Participants must attend the entire program and complete an online evaluation survey within one week. PPA must have your CPE Monitor ID and birthday on file to issue credit.
Use the link above to register for this program.
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.