Thank you for attending Legislative Day!
On Wednesday, April 6 more than 400 pharmacists and student pharmacists converged in Harrisburg to speak with lawmakers regarding PPA’s legislative priorities. Attendees met with more than 160 legislators or their staff and delivered packets of information to all other legislative offices for which visits were not able to be scheduled. We also held our “NOW is the time...” Rally and Press Conference and there were various displays and screenings conducted by students. Pharmacy definitely made its voice heard loud and clear in the halls and offices of the Capitol!
Click here to see photos from Legislative Day!
Legislative Day is only one day of the year, so we must continue to work to carry on the positive momentum we made. Here are some ways to keep the momentum rolling:
For Legislative Day Attendees:
- Follow-up your visits by sending a thank you letter or email to your legislator’s office thanking them for meeting with you and reminding them about the issues you spoke to them about. Simply modify a letter which can be found here– then edit and send!
- Visit the Legislative Issues page on the PPA website regularly for up-to-date information and respond to any Calls to Action.
- Schedule a meeting with your legislators in their district offices when they are home and follow-up on your conversations.
For Anyone Who Did Not Attend Legislative Day:
- Contact your Senator and Representative and schedule a visit with them in their district office
- Download the Issue Briefs from the PPA website here and take them along to leave behind with your legislator when you meet with him/her.
Please contact Don Smith at (717) 234-6151, ext. 102 if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing at next year's event!