Scheduled for Monday, October 28 - Friday, November 1, 2013
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association will be hosting its first ever Pharmacy Legislative week in the Commonwealth during the week of October 28, 2013. Pharmacists, pharmacy students and pharmacy technicians are encouraged to meet and talk with Pennsylvania’s Representatives and Senators about the issues that affect them and how it will impact the patients they serve.
Here’s how it works: Schedule an appointment with your Representative and Senator in their district offices and see how they score on our issues. You can even coordinate with your colleagues to make these visits together. You’ll also be asked to provide feedback on where they stand on our issues. Will they be in good “health”?
The issues include:
PPA will supply all the information you need to prepare you for your visits. Here are a few simple steps to make Pharmacy Legislative Week a success:
- Visit the PPA Advocacy Center and scroll to the bottom of the page. Type in your home and/or pharmacy address and zip code where you will find your legislators’ and their contact information. Please note that you may have more than one representative and senator depending on where your pharmacy is located.
- Schedule a meeting during the week of October 28, while the General Assembly is in their home districts. Let PPA know of your meeting(s) in advance so we can keep track of appointments scheduled along with who is attending.
- Download handouts to give to your legislators
- Download background information and Issue Briefs for personal use
- Assess your legislators’ “health” on our issues by filling out and returning a feedback form to PPA
- Don’t forget to email a picture of you and your legislator(s)!
Issue #1: PBM Regulation and Transparency
Issue #2: Fair Pharmacy Audits
- SB 831 - Sen. Rich Alloway's (R-Franklin) legislation
- HB 1516 - Rep. Jim Christiana's (R-Beaver) legislation
- Issue Brief
Issue #3: Expanding Immunization Opportunities
Download and fill out a feedback form here to help us assess your meetings and to inform us if any additional follow-up is needed.
Please contact Don Smith at (717) 234-6151, ext. 102 if you have any questions.