Protecting the Interests of Pharmacy and Pharmacists in Pennsylvania!
PharmPAC stands for Pharmacy Political Action Committee, a registered state PAC. PharmPAC is a voluntary, non-partisan, non-profit committee of pharmacists, technicians and students who provide financial support to political candidates who are sympathetic to the needs of pharmacists and the patients we serve. This committed group of individuals give financial donations that enable PPA to further its discussions on pharmacy matters with candidates for state office. As a Pennsylvania registered PAC, it is a legal method for supporting candidates who are sympathetic to pharmacy issues and can play a key role in success of PPA's issues.
Supporting a political candidate’s campaign committee can be extremely costly. PharmPAC allows Pennsylvania pharmacists to combine their monetary resources for a far greater impact in creating awareness by legislators and candidates. It allows PPA to provide financial support to candidates who support the profession of pharmacy - thus enabling us to develop long-lasting relationships with key decision makers and providing the opportunity of a strong, collective voice to the General Assembly.
PharmPAC is non-partisan in its evaluation of candidate support. The program and platform of each individual candidate on pharmacy issues, rather than a party label, determines whom PharmPAC supports. PharmPAC does not buy votes! PharmPAC does help us have an active voice in the political process.
Our 2016 goal is $55,000. With your help and support, we can easily reach and exceed this goal!
Check out the status of our goal and help us reach the finish line.
Attention Pharmacy Students!
You too can easily support PPA's advoccacy efforts with a PAC contribution. Join PPA's 1878 Society - a special, student-only way to contribute to PharmPAC. To join the Society, make a one time (or more) contribution of at least $18.78 to PharmPAC and your name will be added to our special 1878 Society membership. Learn more about the 1878 Society here!
Make a Contribution Now!
It is important to remember that contributions to PharmPAC are to be made with what is known as Hard Money - contributions made through personal checks or personal credit cards. Corporate checks and credit cards are not acceptable.
Make a Monthly Contribution!
PPA also offers a convenient monthly deduction method through a regular charge to your credit card. This method allows you to maximize your PAC contribution through a simple, easy, and ongoing monthly regular deduction. You'll hardly notice the monthly amount and the dollars will add up. Monthly contributions of any amount are welcomed from $5 to $500!
If you wish to become a monthly contributor, please contact Don Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will get you set up.
If a monthly contribution isn't for you -- single contributions can be made by check or credit card and can easily be made online above.
The PAC in Action!
Left (top): Pharmacists and friends joined Senator Tommy Tomlinson at his Fall Golf Tournament.
Left (bottom): Dawn Wagoner, President of the Delaware County Pharmacists Association (DCPA), converses with Rep. Maria Donatucci during DCPA's Annual Legislative Breakfast and PAC Fundraiser.
How PharmPAC has recently served Pharmacists in Pennsylvania:
- Legislation signed into law to expand pharmacist-provided immunization opportunities (Act 8 of 2015)
- Introduction of PBM registration/MAC transparency and pharmacy audit integrity bills in the House and Senate
- Establishment of a pharmacy caucus to help legislators be better advocates for community pharmacy
- Passage of legislation out of the House to register pharmacy technicians (House Bill 854)
- Passage of legislation out of the House and a Senate Committee to register nonresident pharmacies (House Bill 75)
Current PharmPAC Legislative Goals:
- Legislation providing for pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) registration and maximum allowable cost (MAC) transparency
- Legislation providing for uniform and standard practices in the auditing of pharmacy claims
- Legislation providing for greater transparency of PBMs
- Legislation addressing interchangeable biological products and their substitution when they come on the market
2015 PharmPAC Supporters:
PPA would like to sincerely thank all of our generous PharmPAC supporters! PPA members, who take the personal initiative to voluntarily support PharmPAC, play a key role in ensuring that Pennsylvania Pharmacists' voices are heard in Harrisburg. Take a moment to review the PharmPAC supporter lists to see who contributed over the past year. Make sure your name will be on our 2016 list!
To view the 2015 PharmPAC contributor list, please click here.
PharmPAC Marketing and Informational Material:
The following materials are available for members to use at local or county meetings or in other venues to help build awareness and promote PharmPAC contributions!
- Click here for a flyer on what PharmPAC has done and is doing.
- Click here for quick facts on PharmPAC and find out how our PAC compares with others.