SIG (Special Interest Group for Independent Pharmacy)
PPA's SIG members annually present several awards to deserving and interested students which cover the expenses to attend the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) Annual Convention. Annually, the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association SIG will present up to four students with grants covering the related expenses for attending the NCPA Convention.
Related Expenses Include:
- 1 roundtrip coach airfare, mileage, or train depending on physical location of the convention and least expensive mode of transportation
- Up to 4 nights hotel accommodations (room and tax)
- Student registration fee
- Up to $200 in meals and incidentals such as parking at the airport, transfers from airport to hotel, etc. (receipts must be submitted)
- 5th or 6th year* pharmacy student enrolled at a Pennsylvania School of Pharmacy
- Pennsylvania resident
- PPA Student Member
- Must not have previously received this grant
- Interest in Community Pharmacy particularly Independent Pharmacy
*or equivalent of last two professional years
Applications for the next conference are available in early Spring & must be submitted by the August deadline. Contact PPA for more information.
2016 NCPA Grant Application
Click here to view the application.
Applications may be mailed to the PPA Office, 508 North Third Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101, faxed to PPA at 717-236-1618, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A committee of SIG members will determine next year’s four recipients. Students will be required to write a short article about their experience for the Pennsylvania Pharmacists and/or the Student Voice following the convention.
To see what past recipients have to say about their experience, click on their names below! Note: There were no recipients in 2014.
2015 SIG Grant Recipients and friends enjoying the Value Dinner!